get away on budget

• Thread starter kellysayers
  • Start date
K

kellysayers

Looking to go away from july 28th for two weeks just the two of us and baby. We are willing to book flights, villa, apt all seperate. We want to do it as cheep as possible and are not to pushed about the sun. Any good cheap sugestions. Would love to do it under €1000.

keep checking out the the travel agents website and check for coming up last min deals!! start of june you should start to see last min deals coming up!! www.xl.com is new in ireland and they have same apartment as the other travel agents but alot cheaper..

Check out xl's flight times carefully though ....some flights leave very early in the morning from Dublin (might not be practical with baby) or arrive back very late at night.

Examples: Bulgaria from Dublin - leaves 5am, returns to Dublin 1am
Lanzarote from Dublin - leaves 5.30am, returns to Dublin 1.15am

Budget usually has cheap deals to Rhodes. Lemon Tree apts were ok- nothing fancy, but clean & handy for the village. Margaret studios in same resort is right under the flight path - I'd avoid them.
Should get a fortnight for under a grand here, and some interesting places to see.

If not, maybe take your car & tour Scotland?

Check out [broken link removed] We are just back from a week in Sardinia, full board including wine and water with meals. Transfers from Alghero airport included.

Rooms not terribly big but very clean and comfortable.

Total cost for two adults was less than £200 (sterling).

Flights with Ryanair, booked via Aurum, were about another £100 which include one check-in bag each.

Hello BillK. I was in Alghero in March. I have to say I didn't think much of the place at all. We got our flights with Ryanair for 1c each and stayed at the www.angedras.it a very nice hotel. However overall I thought the place a little shabby, needed a good clean with most places closed from 1 p.m. until 7 p.m.

The Villaggio dei Pini, which is where we stayed, is set in about 40 acres of pine forest. It has two swimmimg pools and also has direct access to the beach. The spa which has pools at various temperatures is small but Ok; my wife says that the massage she had for 26 euro was the best she has had anywhere in the world.

We flew into Alghero airport and then transfered to the hotel - a drive of about 35 minutes to the North coast of Sardinia.

the other side of the road from the hotel is a lake about 3 km long with bird hides and board walks. Very scruffy with lots of rubbish but great if you like birds.

Back