Get a human - telephone cheat sheets

BillK

Saw this in the Mail on Sunday yesterday and had a look today.

To get through to a real person in a very short time look at the cheat sheet on:

www.cheapflights.com click on the Travel Tips section; click on the More Travel Tips section; click on New telephone Cheat Sheet.

It should work in Ireland as well as in UK assuming that you book holidays/flights etc on the net.

I heard someone suggesting that with eircom, you just cough into the phone and you get put through. I haven't tried it yet though.

Brendan

Re: Eircom

A friend told me a funny story about the Eircom computer voice. After
hanging on for ages, being put through various different menus, she got fed up & said 'ah for **** sake'. The computer voice then said something like 'I may be a computer but please don't use that tone of voice'. She was so embarrassed she hung up !
I thought that was very clever. Maybe they could get the computer to detect exasperated sighs on the end of the line & give a sympathetic 'I know you've been hanging on for ages, but...'

I always found with Eircom that if you pick whichever option makes them think that you're going to give them more money (Sales, New Products etc), that you'll get to speak to someone pretty quickly.

It's down to your negotiating skills after that as to how far you can get with them and get them not to put you on hold and to get you through to another real person.

It's funny alright. I'm in the process of porting my number to Blueface. The first step was to move from BT to Eircom. I was given Eircom's winback number and the call was answered after about 4 rings. As it transpired I needed to talk to someone else so they put me right through.

From personal experience, the Eircom automated answering on hearing an expletive (and I apologise but it is bloody frustrating) replies "You appear to have completed your call, thank you, goodbye".

I 'completed my call' by voting with my feet and removing my business from them.

Back