Geothermal Horizontal of vertical collector system.

hayabusa

Folks
I am concerned as to use a horizontal or vertical collector system with my NIBE heat pump.
The issue is that I only have 0.5 acres for house site etc etc. If I use a horizontal system it will take up a good % of the site. (600 metres length of pipes 1 metre apart). I do have room but then you can only put grass over it, ie no foothpaths driveways trees etc etc.
The other option is I can do a vertical collector system. This would mean I have ample room for extensions, extra foothpaths, drive ways etc etc, but this means drilling down, So i presume this is much more expensive.

Anyone with ANY input on this concern.

Thanks

Does anyone have any ideas on this issue I have. Your input would be greatly appreciated.

You have a point on the horizontal collector bed taking up a lot of your site. The vertical borehole method does cost alot more, but would be regarded as the better option, IF you hit suitable water, thats the gamble. I know iplogger, a boards.ie member has gone with the vertical borehole method, you could try pming him if you are a boards member, he'll advise you on vertical borehole costs.

Back