Geothermal heating and radiators

Judy

I was wondering if anyone had installed the Geothermal system and had radiators off it? We are in the planning stages of a dormer/story and a half type house and were interested in using radiators upstairs instead of the underfloor heating.

We will be putting in the underfloor downstairs although my other half (carpenter!) reckons we shouldnt put it in under wooden floors, we are still in the discussion stages of this as i want to have it in all the rooms downstairs!

Would be interested to hear from anyone who has or knows someone that has this system currently working in their home?

Hi Sueellen,

thanks for the links, yes i had read these alright but just cant see anywhere that anyone has actually used the geothermal system with radiators. I understand from the treads that you need to use oversize rads with this system but just wanted to know if anyone had it actually working in their house as i have heard that it may not work so well with rads.

Hi Judy,

My uncle is just complete on a new build (split-level) and has gone with geothermal heating. He has gone for underfloor heating on ground floors and Radiators upstairs. They are not living in it yet but heating is (to help dry out slab) and there is not problems with the radiators upstairs. He went with radiators upstairs on the advice of his architect, not sure what the reasons were ?

Back