George Lee/FG...Turning Nasty....

Lex Foutish

I heard Brian Hayes suggest on radio this morning that George Lee might have left politics because of the drop he was taking in salary. However, Pat Kenny didn't seem to agree that this only dawned on George, 9 months into the job.

I heard George on the 4 o' clock news saying that FG and their media machine were doing a job on him and "know what they're doing."

Can we expect things to get worse between them? Who do you think will win in the end?

And meanwhile in the real world, 750 people lose their jobs...........

I heard George on the 4 o' clock news saying that FG and their media machine were doing a job on him and "know what they're doing."

In fairness, you could argue that he "did a job" on them by turning a potential positive into a negative and deflecting media attention away from the Government.

He's fairly worked the media himself over the last few days.

I feel Georgie has ruined the chances of any future "change agents" who might like to get into politics to make a difference (hopefully possessing less naivety and more steel than George). Now the first thing any party will think is "Remember George Lee".

So congrats George, your lillylivered performance has copperfastened the old boys club of politics.

I heard Brian Hayes suggest on radio this morning that George Lee might have left politics because of the drop he was taking in salary.

I think this is a very weak reason to give - he knew what money was involved before he signed up.
I'd love if FG stopped blaming and pointing the finger at George Lee and took an honest look at the way the party politics runs.

I listened to Varadkar lambaste him on Newstalk. All along I wanted to know what his policy's would actually have been. According to him Lee wanted to spend his way out of recession and he cited Greece as an example as what happens with that policy. A fair point. If this is true then George Lee clearly was not a panacea for the country's ills as people like to think he is.
I think this is the begining of the end for Kenny and am dismayed that this is the best we have to offer for an opposition. I personally discount Labour as they will ensure the country will be permantly broke from what I dween from their policy's. I say dween as all they seem to do is slag their opponents. I expected better from FG however.

I heard Enda Kenny being described as the Steve Staunton of the Dail, I think it's a perfect description.

http://www.independent.ie/national-...-as-it-would-crucify-the-economy-2055680.html

Lee was against party policy according to the indo.

George Lee/FG ..... turning boring.

Is there no real news out there?

Interesting. Even the labour party would have been too right wing for him. Perhaps he would have been more at home in Greece?

I think what's emerging very clearly (to me anyway) is that George Lee simply wants to be loved. FG didn't shower him with enough affection and he probably missed being told how great he was on the telly by auld ones.

His demographic seems to be quite similar to Joe Duffy's (as evidenced by the 83% support from liveline listeners).

It's an easier and more popular life to moan about the state of the country than to actually put in the hard work trying to resolve its problems.

George must have regretted the rush of blood he had nine months ago in believing he had the stomach to solve the country's problems. At least he learned something about himself though

George Lee/FG ..... turning boring.

Is there no real news out there?
Well said. People have become consumed by him and Bird. An economist reads economic history and tries to make sense of it, projections etc. The roving reporter retells us what we already know, bores everyone to tears and thinks he should be the news. Good riddance to both, but I don't wish them harm

Thank God Deirdre De Burca resigned. Now we can discuss what was a real loss to politics.!!!