General Election 2020 Predictions

Driving around a bit at the weekend, one thing that was very obvious was the lack of posters for local FG candidates and instead line after line of Leo's face. FG seem to be running a Presidential style campaign and it will be interesting to see what happens if they forget the old adage that "all politics is local"

I noticed about half and half... lot of posters for Catherine Noone out around Howth \ Sutton.
But on the Alfie Byrne Road it's just Leo maybe that's because it borders two constituencies.

Driving around a bit at the weekend, one thing that was very obvious was the lack of posters for local FG candidates and instead line after line of Leo's face. FG seem to be running a Presidential style campaign and it will be interesting to see what happens if they forget the old adage that "all politics is local"
I live down the country same thing down where I live , I already took a photo of several posters of Leo on lamp posts with FF posters directly under Leo of local Candidate,
I was in the other end of the constituency same thing FF other Candidate directly under leo, If FG now want it put up there local candidate the cannot be placed under leo so will have to get another position ,

I had FF calling on my door in the past the people calling always had a local FF supporter who introduced someone from the candidates area who was out canvassing with them and left a poster,

Where I live FF have changed the way the canvass the new system appears to be for the local people to stay out of the way and send in a none local person who hands you a poster telling you they are Neighbours of candidate the only reason the are out canvassing for her in because she is such a good worker ,and it is working by the look of things,

Last edited:
I noticed about half and half... lot of posters for Catherine Noone out around Howth \ Sutton.
But on the Alfie Byrne Road it's just Leo maybe that's because it borders two constituencies.
Now we were all wrong Catherine Let the cat out of the bag Leo likes to be on his own:D
But FF are Keeping him company on the lamp posts down my neck of the Country, I suspect Leo would Rather have a poster of FF than one belong to Catherine under his,

Last edited:
Glad to see the following TD's returned;

Simon Coveny, Helen McEntee, Joe McHugh, Damien English, Paschal Donohue,
John McGuinness, Dara Calleary, Eamon O Cuiv, Thomas Byrne,
Pearse Doherty, Mary Lou Mc, Louise O'Reilly, David Cullinane, Eoin O'Broin, Matt Carty
Richard Boyd Barrett, Brid Smith, Eamonn Ryan,
Róisín Shortall, Catherine Murphy.

I might or might not agree with their policies but I find they are either good performers in the Dáil, always on top of their brief, or pragmatic when it comes to policy implementation.
Im sure there are a few others that could be in there also.

Glad to see the following TD's returned;

Simon Coveny, Helen McEntee, Joe McHugh, Damien English, Paschal Donohue,
John McGuinness, Dara Calleary, Eamon O Cuiv, Thomas Byrne,
Pearse Doherty, Mary Lou Mc, Louise O'Reilly, David Cullinane, Eoin O'Broin, Matt Carty
Richard Boyd Barrett, Brid Smith, Eamonn Ryan,
Róisín Shortall, Catherine Murphy.

I might or might not agree with their policies but I find they are either good performers in the Dáil, always on top of their brief, or pragmatic when it comes to policy implementation.
Im sure there are a few others that could be in there also.
Agreed. Sad to see Katherine Zappone lose her seat. I didn't agree with her economic views but she was a competent and hard working minister. Delighted to see Lord Ross and Mary Mitchell-O'Connor lose their seats. A chancer and a clown, in that order.

Back