Gazzundering

frazzled

Hi.
We are sale agreed on a house for a couple of months (nearly at the signing contracts stage) but I am now thinking we have bid a bit high.

Wondering if anyone has tried gazzundering (either here or abroad) and how you got on.

Bidding less than the current offer on a sale agreed property I presume, opposite to gazumping.

It's worth a try of course-but the risk is they will tell you to feck off.

Would be interested to hear how you get on.Some factors I would consider:- you need to be prepared to walk away (this isn't the house of your dreams).- need to be prepared for a severly annoyed estate agent. Might become an issue if you're bidding on a different property in the near future.- where does the vendor sit? If they're trading up or in some other chain, then they might be under time pressure. On the other hand if they're not under any time pressure & they think the market is still going up, they might be happy for an excuse to dump you.Good luck!

Its perfectly possible because an offer in Ireland is not in any way a contract . Its a ridiculous state of affairs but it means gazwhatevering is legal .

Back