Gas pressure low, radiators not heating properly

bartbridge

We've had problems recently with our gas boiler and Bord gais have paid 2 visits to fix this. However the rads don't seem to be heating as much as before and our pressure is just over 0.5 (should be between 1.0 and 2.5). I mentioned the low pressure to the bord gais guy when he was out last and he didn't seem too worried.

We weren't using the heating at the time so I didn't realise the problem with the radiators until now. Do we have to get Bord Gais out again or could a regular plumber do anything to help?

You don't say what sort of boiler you're using. As I understand it, if it's a combi then the water pressure is very important, in which case your local council may be able to tell you if there is a drop in pressure in your area for some reason.

If your water pressure isn't relevant then I'd be surprised if a decent plumber isn't able to sort you out.

If it's a combi then the system is sealed. There is a valve to open which will let water into the system and when shut off it should stay at that pressure.

TreeTiger is correct in saying that the pressure is important, but you should be able, if you have the instructions for the boiler, be able tosort it yourself.

Thanks for your replies, I have a plumber friend calling over to have a look at it this evening.

Back