Gas Fire disconnected by RGII - any comeback to builder

DB74

Apologies if this the wrong section (Law & Consumers were the other options)

I had my gas boiler & fire serviced a week or so ago though Bord Gais - therefore registered RGII serviceman. Serviceman had to disconnect the gas fire because the flue wasn't pulling the fumes out of the room properly.

The property is only 5 years old so do I have any comeback to the builder on this problem with eg Homebond or something similar.

Also, the serviceman stated that virtually EVERY gas fire in my estate has had to be disconnected due to same problem

Did he suggest what the problem was, incorrect ventilation, poorly designed or installed flue, incorrect flue terminal, ...ect

Next door neighbour just had his fire disconnected today and I spoke to the engineer as he was leaving. He said that the problem is with the flue, not the fire. He said that he has cut off fires in the estate 3-4 years ago when the fires would have only been installed 5 years ago. He suggested that the flue was never good enough.

Does a registered RGII engineer have to sign off on the installation of the fire.

Yes, before the system was gassed up (meter turned on) someone would have signed it off.

did the RGII leave a warning notice?

The warning notice is a notice of hazard, telling you how and why the appliance was shut off