Gas Bolier not installed correctly- Advice please

I contacted Bord Gas to do a service on my Boiler, I have been living in my house 3/4 years now.

When the Bord Gas employee came to service the Bolier. He advised me that the Boiler was a health and saftey risk and he could not complete service until repair was carried out.

He advised that the Builders had not installed the boiler to the correct regulations it was not working correctly and that I would need to get plumber to drain system and install correctly before any service was done.
He advised that this work needed to be completed urgently.

Bord Gas employee advised when the estate was first built that many houses had Boilers fitted incorrectly and that Bord Gas forced the builders had to go back and re do many of the boilers in the estate.

My question is, Where do I stand in relation to this? The fact that I am living in the house 3/4 years, Can I approach the builders at this late stage (they have since left the site but are working in a nearby estate) to correct the problem/ Do I bring them to the small claims court. Or do I just put it down to experience and pay a new plumber to come in and fix up this mess.

Also the fact that this is my first service on the boiler after 3/4 years, does this have any baring on the situation. I.e. if I had been getting services yearly It would have been spotted earlier. Does the 3/4 year time lag cause a problem.

Any advice apreciated.

Did they tell you what the exact fault was?

If I were you I would investigate further because someone had to sign off on that boiler when it was installed and it would have had to have been a BG registered plumber or BG themselves. If it was installed wrong the guy that sign it off has to bear some responsibility as it should have been spotted at installation stage.

Back