Gas Boiler Service Refused

Wandering_Dazed

I booked a Gas Boiler Service with one of the main utility companies. Admittedly it's been a few years since it's last service, which is totally my fault. Booked the Service online, shared the Boiler brand and model in the notes even though not requested, and of course paid the fee up front.

On the day of the boiler service, got a call in the morning to tell me they don't service LPG boilers informed them it was an elderly Potterton Profile (circa 24 years old) but not LPG it's connected to the main gas network. All ok they will be over within the hour.

I WFH and was in a meeting when they arrived, and left within 5 minutes. My other half was informed that the Boiler was obsolete and as parts aren't available they won't service it. Only option is to buy a new boiler.

I'm fuming!! I understand replacement part issues. However I told them of the Boiler make and model a week in advance. So evidently despite the boiler working and no parts required they can't even service it!

I'm going to contact them to demand a refund. But has anyone else experienced similar with older boilers?

Sounds like they are totally incompetent, wee Daniel would have done a better job.
There is not much to servicing a gas boiler. Test for gas leak, test combustion, clean inside with hover.

As a gas service engineer I’d be an always checking in advance of what is the normal serviceable parts of most modern boilers and have at least 3 sets of each in the van.
I’ve worked on boilers of similar age and no issues as long as all parts needing replacement were replaced over the years.

Back