Gas Boiler Replacement - Price

simp

Hi:-

Out old gas boiler has given up the ghost so we are looking to replace it.

Have had two quotes so far - each person reckoned that our small (700ft2) redbrick house would not be worth putting a combi boiler - or heating controls into - so we're looking at a small condenser boiler to run 4 rads and a hot-press. Our hose is well insulated, so boiler is not used so much.

Quote number 1 was for approx €2,500 - and involved a Glow-worm Flexicom HX 12kw.

Quote number 2 was also for approx €2,500 - and involved a Worcester Bosch Greenstar RI 12kw - this came with a 10 year warantee on parts and heat exchanger.

We are getting more quotes next week - but does anyone have any idea if this is a decent ballpark?

Thanks!

The Bosch is a quality product, thats why they are giving the 10 year warranty. I have a older Glowworm, there is a design fault with the pilot light and the PCB had 3 dry joints then it finally failed.

quotes seem a little high.
I had quotes recently, Bord Gais were the cheapest.
Worchester Bosch was €2450, other boilers were €150 cheaper, BUT
I was having the boiler relocated so a new flue/plume was needed & some pipe work.
Boiler was 15KW, so slightly bigger (but probably not alot in price).
Based in Dublin.

Both quotes come from registered gas installers.

Quote #1 was from Bord Gais, €2,539.43 for the glow-worm 12KW.

We're not having the boiler moved or anything - so the higher price seems strange...

But good to know that Bord Gais are relatively competitive.

We'll get some more quotes next week...

Im in the exact same situatiuon, boiler went under 2 weeks ago, have done a lot of legwork into it , I looked further afield and have came up with an awful big difference , I've given the chance to the Irish suppliers to compete but none have came up trumps.
So unfortunately as much as I would love to keep the money in our economy I'm sure as hell not going to pay a 50% premium for the privilage.

Check ur pm if u want a copy of my quote, the price you've got seem to be awful expensive especially for such a small boiler

Hi guys, most of the decent installer I know at the minute average 1800-2000 for supply and fit a new boiler (Worchester,Veissmann,Intergas, not cheap boilers all good quality stuff) so feel 2500 is high in comparison!

This price does not include controls upgrade.

Thanks - we're still looking for other quotes - and if anyone would care to recommend a supplier/fitter in the Dublin area, please PM me.

Back