Gas BBQ from Aldi

Sparki74

Hi,

Did any of ye buy a gas BBQ from Aldi last week. We put it together the other evening following the instructions to the letter, only to discover that the glass and frame of the glass that is meant to go into the hood (so you can see how things are cooking without opening the hood) is not fitting, has no way to fit the rectangular opening. In addition, the temp guage which is meant to go in front has nowhere to go. Although the specified pieces are numbered in the booklet, they have not been mentioned throughout. I've sent an email to the manufacturer, Lindmann, hoping to see if they can give us an answer. We don't want to take it apart as it took nearly 3 hours to put it together.

Are any of ye having the same problems, or do you have any ideas which can help. In addition, is there something we can do to close up the rectangular hole in the hood, so as not to let heat out. Any comments most helpful! :)

Bear in mind also that most of the BBQ's you buy in Aldi or Lidl have a European or UK Gas regulator attached which is not suitable for the Irish Gas Bottles, either Butane or Propane.Woodies or B&Q sell the proper regulators at around €20 each-making these BBQ's not so cheap after all.

Moral of the story here would be-buy where you have comeback.I would suggest the best thing you could do is bring it back and say it is not working, or is missing parts get a refund and buy a product from either Woodies or B&Q where the staff are trained and will be able to help you out.Sometimes buying cheap ends up dear.lol

"Woodies or B&Q where the staff are trained and will be able to help you out" ???

Don't know about B&Q but Woodies staff are not that well trained in my local...

BB

Back