Gary Speed R.I.P.

Lex Foutish

I was devastated to learn that Gary Speed had been found dead at his home this morning. He represented all that is good about football (something that's hard to find, at times) and he'll always be fondly remembered by Leeds United fans, as he will by fans of the other clubs he played for, during his career.

He was only 42 and had already turned the Welsh national team into one that looked like they had the potential to qualify for a major tournament.

My eyes filled with tears during the minute's silence/applause before the Swansea V Aston Villa game on Sky Sports just a while ago. He'll be much missed..............

Rest in peace, Gary Speed.

Very very sad and tragic;

[broken link removed]

It just goes to show,how we never know what is happening in other peoples minds..and a reminder to mind your mind..very sad..RIP.

Like Lex, I was stunned when I heard the news. One of football's gentlemen left us today, and so tragically.

RIP Gary, LUFC Legend

A man that represented everything good about the beautiful game .

Talent , commitment , honesty & a desire to give something back to the game he loved.

And a great header of a ball.

May the sod rest gently on him.

Definitely one of those deaths that stuns you to the core. I was shocked to hear it. Model professional. RIP Gary

Flat out at work today when I heard the news and it knocked me for six, maybe it is just tiredness now but it just makes me very sad to think about it at all.

I was absolutely shocked when I heard this.. Great player and had the potential to be a great manager.

RIP

I too couldn't believe it. Had seen him in Football Focus only yesterday.

Good player, and Wales were starting to improve under him.

Such a waste. RIP.

A proper footballer and looked like he was going to be a proper manager. A player that I always respected and admired despite his connection to Leeds! Just so hard to understand and comprehend. Hopefully some good will come out this tragedy and that people will realise that mental illness can affect us all and not even the macho world of professional sport is immune. RIP Gary Speed.

One of my boyhood heroes and part of "that midfield four" under Sgt. Wilko. Absolutely devastated and my thoughts go out to his wife and children. Part of me doesn't want to know what drove him to this and another part of me is very angry that this couldn't have been prevented. But my overriding emotion is just terrible sadness at the loss of such a talented, popular and nice guy who will always be in my Leeds 11. RIP Gary Speed.

A tragic loss of someone who on the face of it, had everything going for him. You just never know.

Great player too. Up until recently himself and Giggs were the only players to have scored in every season of the premiership.