Garibaldi V's the rest of the world

Hal 2001

I think these are the kings (queens?) of biscuits ,no connection to them myself, however they seem to have been squeezed out (of circulation)most supermarkets dont seem to stock them.

Where can you get them in the cork area ?

My local Dunnes Stores usually has them. Crawfords (I think). Purple wrapper. Not the greatest but better than nothing

thanks I'll try it out! They're far better than the likes of mikados or cocnut creams , the obese ASBO teenager of biscuits,who buys this tastless junk? Why cant they provide more variety I mean i'm partial to a boaster every now and then and I have a soft spot for a ginger nut but of all the countless ingredients in the world our (irish) tastebuds are definately stuck in the under 12 age bracket when it comes to biscuits.

what do'ya think a mikado looks like ! Its definately been squirted out of something!

I would make a case for all biscuit eaters of the world

unite! complain!

and dont stand for any more substandard offerings!

(I would set up a web site but there probably already is one!)

Mikado was voted the most gay biscuit on the Podge and Rodge show. Final adjudication by Senator Norris.

We used to call Garibaldi the fly cemetries when we were kids!

You can only really experience them by going down the shop, ensure theyre fresh dont be fobbed off with a nearly out of date pack nothing worse than a soggy bic, make sure you accompany them with a nice cup of tea ensure its reasonably strong without sugar not some tepid weak malarky, dont get me started on tea!

The texture of the pastry is quite firm on first bite but gradually becomes more crumbly in your gob.A fine balance is achieved with the quantity and distribution of the raisins and their slightly nutty flavour which actually you taste with the taste buds on the underside of your tongue (pastry is tasted on the tip of your tongue).

Enjoy!

You can only really experience them by going down the shop, ensure theyre fresh dont be fobbed off with a nearly out of date pack nothing worse than a soggy bic, make sure you accompany them with a nice cup of tea ensure its reasonably strong without sugar not some tepid weak malarky, dont get me started on tea!

Good god people don't get him started on the tae!

PS: I thought ladyfingers were most gay biscuit?

Hal my friend, you need to get out more. Failing that...find a partner!