Gardening for Kids

liaconn

I want to buy my nephew a little gardening set for his 4th birthday. Something he could plant himself and the tools and pots to go with it. Does anyone know where I could get a tailormade package for a small child?

I saw some really cute stuff in a Garden Centre on the back road in Ratoath (known locally as the Cottage, I think)...depends on how much you'd like to spend. It wasn't that expensive, but you can probably get cheaper in one of the big chain DIY stores, or even Smyths or one of them...
You can also get loads of grow-your-own kid friendly flowers and vegetables which look like other creatures - fun stuff, and they love to watch the progress (or, so I'm told!)

There's no shortage of stuff to get. Suggest you try somewhere like Smith's Toy stores in the first place, we got my smallie who is 2 a wheelbarrow, shovel etc there and she loves it, never happier then wheeling her Mammies pot plants around the garden (her Mammy may have a different view !!!)

Failing that some of the independent garden centres can have very good stuff, again we got my one a small garden brush so she helps me when I am outside sweeping up

Kids gardening tool i dont know,but about 6 weeks ago i went to woodies and got lettuce,radishes,tomatoes and other bits and made a patch at the end of the garden for my kids.they loved it,every day they would check on the veg and take care of the patch.Yesterday they pulled up some radishes and 2 heads of lettuce :) its great fun for kids.

Back