garden theft

hi guys.

well tanx for everyone taking the p**s outta me but im just telling you all what got robbed outta my garden.

It was made outta stone, €80. I also had a cow also €80 it wasnt robbed. If you seen my garden you would understand anyways. and it is quite jazzy leo!

I didnt replace the sheep. got new garden nomes though. I dont think any of the neighbours wud have took them like y wud they take the sheep and not the cow? Plus i havent seen it in there gardens.

Anyways i didnt care about the nomes but at the time i was very upset about the sheep.

Hi Blueshoes,
I am really sorry to hear of your loss. Thank you for your mooving account of the robbery. Keep a close eye on your arden nomes as you dont want another baad experience. There were some similar stories to yours in the Bray area....do you live near there?

few years ago ( ok good few years ago) I planted a few little trees in the front garden, and duly tied them to fairly strong stakes. noticed one morning that the the trees were still there but the stakes were missing. couldnt make it up. blueshoes:

I didnt replace the sheep. got new garden nomes though. I dont think any of the neighbours wud have took them like y wud they take the sheep and not the cow? Plus i havent seen it in there gardens.

Anyways i didnt care about the nomes but at the time i was very upset about the sheep.[/QUOTE]

I guessing that if the neighbours took it - they didn't take it so they could put it in their own garden! - presumably the sheep was smaller then the cow so maybe it was all they could carry!. Fair play to you though - sounds like you have a bit if imagination - did they have names?

I have no back garden, so I had strawberries growing in my front garden. Neighbours, some of whom, I knew had strawberries growing in their own back gardens, often brazenly came into the garden and helped themselves.

So I put up a big angry sign:

Pick you own strawberries

and would you believe it, the problem just got worse.

Brendan

Brendan

sorry about that mate - but this is great material! [sorry] but it actually sounded really funny when i read it

best wishes
oirish

Of course the problem just got worse! - People will do the opposite of what they're being told to do just to annoy you. A big angry sign is an invitation to take the p**s out of you!

A little off topic but...

There was a garden in Ballyboden in Dublin that must have had 100's of ornaments; gnomes / various animals / birdbaths / busts of JP XXIII and the like in it. We were brought to see it when we were kids. I remember it featured on the Late Late Show too, the lady who owned the house was presented with a sculpture of the Late Late owl by Gaybo...which she promptly placed in her garden.

Does anyone know if this garden still exists ?

Pick you own strawberries

Thanks Brendan, I may take you up on that invitation. Remind me again, your house is beside the sky-hook factory?

Rather than erecting a sign, could you not train your strawberry plants to talk? I talk to the plants and trees in my garden all the time. Recently the apple trees have started to parrot things back at me, so it should be possible to train strawberries too. I'd try it myself, but I haven't botany strawberries. A Japanese friend tells me bonsai trees answer back the miniature planting them!

I've heard that you can train berries to talk alright but it's supposed to be a long sloe process.

I remember that! I'll ask a colleague who lives nearby and let you know!

LOL!

Letter in Irish Times recently re hill-walkers: Farmer puts up sign in field

"The farmer allows free access to his field; but the bull charges"