garden shed

M

mickman

hi
i am buying a flat pack garden shed from b and q for 250 euro. its 8x6

the shed from the cheapest company i could find that would put it together etc is 495 so obviously its a big saving

does anyone know if the b+q ones are good quality??

A lot of these sheds tend to be very similar (if not almost exactly the same) regardless of the nominal 'brand' - can you post a link?

no sorry. no picture on web except in UK. i just found it hard to understand the vast price difference even though i suppose a company would try and charge you 200 euro to put it together

hi
i am buying a flat pack garden shed from b and q for 250 euro. its 8x6

the shed from the cheapest company i could find that would put it together etc is 495 so obviously its a big saving

does anyone know if the b+q ones are good quality??

If it ain't Pressure Treated and constructed from Weatherboard/Shiplap/Barrel board, you might as well be using cardboard. Lapped panelled sheds are cheap junk, and will require replacement in 5-10 years. PT Sheds cost around € 700 for 8x6 and will last at leastr 25 years and more.

You get what you pay for. Also better sheds are fixed using galvanised nails/screws not cheap staples, and fittings are also galvanised.

Kellys in Glenealy make very good PT garden sheds etc as well other budget types etc.

If I wanted a garden shed I would make it with box iron and cladding. But that's easy for me to say as I can weld and I have all the gear for it. I don't exactly know what it would cost but It would be a lot cheaper than a flat pack and it would last longer than wood.

Back