Garden Shed/Pump House

Ned_ie

Hi all

We have a private well that at them moment is just covered by some polythene and blocks. Recently I had to get a guy out to repair the pump and he also had to repair some of the electrics also. He said the electrics were damp and the switches shouldn't be exposed to that amount of damp.

My intention based on this is to do either of the following:

A - Put an ordinary garden shed over the pump with a split floor so that I can acess the pump - this is the preferred option as we would use a shed with a verandah due to teh fact the pump is at the front of the house - esentially make the shed a feature; or
B - build a little pump house - i.e. blocks etc.

My qustions are these:
  1. what should i use to line the around the pump to stop the dampness. Someone mentioned aeroboard - would this work?
  2. Do garden sheds need to be concreted in or anything? It would be on a bit of a height so would need to be sturdy enough.
  3. If I split the floor, will that take from the stability of the shed?
  4. If I go with the pump house will this them have to be lined also to ensure that no moisture is getting in?
Any ideas etc would be of great help. Also does anyone know any where to get quality sheds at a reasonable price in Cork?

Thanks a million folks

Hi folks - just doing a follow up on this to see if anyone can help.

Thanks all