Garden boundary define

plankton

Development of 10 houses next door to me, the existing trees and hedge are to be removed and a new wall to be erected. I would like to define exactly where the boundary is and therefore where the new wall will be situated. I have spoken to the developer and builder but I am not happy that the boundary is correct, I think that it will be more than 0.7 meters in my garden. How do I ensure correct position?

• Would the Co. Co. have detailed drawings / maps for inspection?

• Do I go to the Phoenix Park and get an Ordinance Survey map and try to figure it out myself?

• Should I engage a professional to mark out the boundary? and if so would I contact an architect, town planner or engineer?
Any advice appreciated.

PRAI - Property Registration Authority Ireland

You should be able to inspect the maps & drawings etc associated with the development in you local planning authority office.

If you want to try to figure it out yourself you can go to osi.ie or myplan.ie but you would need the land registry documentation first.

Traditionally this type of work has been carried out by engineers but the other professionals (and Chartered Surveyors) you mention might also be able to do the work.