Gardai searching along the N7 (Naas Road) . .

michaelm

Yesterday (Monday) and throughout last week the were lots of Gardai searching along the verges and median on the N7. Anyone know what this was related to? Training exercise for new Gardai perhaps?

On a separate note, every time I'm Dublin bound on the N7 I can't help but take notice of the ever changing positions of the two hi-vis jacket sporting, and waving, mannequins (and a goose) in the grounds of a bungalow on the left, near(but opposite opposite side to) An Poitín Stil. Am I alone in this obsession?

Yesterday (Monday) and throughout last week the were lots of Gardai searching along the verges and median on the N7. Anyone know what this was related to? Training exercise for new Gardai perhaps?

Seen similar activity in the Phoenix Park near Farmleigh twice in the past few days.

Guess it's to do with the Queen and/or Obama?

Seen similar activity in the Phoenix Park near Farmleigh twice in the past few days.

Guess it's to do with the Queen and/or Obama?

Doing the same in other areas including parts of the city centre. Looks like they are marking all the shores and manholes with yellow paint. If I remember correctly, when Clinton visited, they welded all the covers so that nobody could put anything down them or hide in them. Assume they'll be doing similar for Queen/Obama.

Maybe they were looking for the list of Labour Party election promises. It seems to have gone missing.

One of my colleagues, that travels on the N7, has confirmed that is what they were doing this morning. Welding the manhole covers.

no, I keep an eye out for them as well. Not sure if they are meant to be scarecrows?

Obama and the Queen will more than likely be arriving into Dublin via Baldonnel and their route into Dublin will be along the N7.

Obama and the Queen will more than likely be arriving into Dublin via Baldonnel and their route into Dublin will be along the N7.

Is the runway in Baldonnel long enough to take Air Force One - large 747?