Garage not giving own gaurantee outside two year manufacturer warranty left?

Sandals

09 Car.

Would one buy a car off a main dealer that would not give own gaurantee outside the two year manufacturer warranty left?

I have never bought a car that the dealer did not give one year gaurantee with. Even though i have no idea about gaurantees/whats covered etc, I suppose its about peace of mind.

Any points welcomed.

There is nothing new here and no surprises, but I cannot see how the existence and transfer to you of the residue of the manufacturer's warranty removes the seller's obligations to you as a consumer under http://www.irishstatutebook.ie/1980/en/act/pub/0016/index.html (SALE OF GOODS AND SUPPLY OF SERVICES ACT, 1980)

(I'm not a lawyer, so I'm open to contradictions/ clarifications on this issue)

Mathepac, thanks for the link.

I am planning to email the dealer today and request a gaurantee. The car is less spec than my own own but the money to change is bang on my budget. I was just at the stage of filling in the paperwork when this question came up and we decided to leave and think about it as there was no movement from the salesman at all.

I cant see a problem from the garage point of view, the car is just a year old last month so nothing should go wrong really.

Any other comments appreciated.