Garage not fulfilling warranty

JONNY27

A couple of years ago I bought a car with a 6month parts and labour warrenty from a registered SIMI garage.

After a few months (within warranty) I had serious problems with the gear box and having moved house it was unfeasible to drive the car back to the garage. A local mechanic deemed the car unsafe to drive anyway however the garage i purchased from refused to collect the car and fix it under warranty. Instead they suggested I get the work done at a local garage and forward the mechanics report on to them and they'd reimburse me. So this is what I did.

However after over 30 phone calls, faxing and posting the mechanics report and invoice and many letters to the dealership I have never received my reimbursement.

The garage salesman continually ask me to send the invoice which I have done at least 5 times, and refuses now to answer the phone, return my calls or reply to letters.

Is there anything more that I can do?

I'd be very grateful for any advice on what to do or am I chasing a lost cause.

Yep that's the best option. I had some issues with a car I bought in 06 and the dealer didn't want to deal with me over the phone or e-mail.
I did live a bit away from the garage but I made a point of going down to them with all documentation in hand and demanding that my issue be resolved there and then.

The sales man found it easy not to answer the phone but not too easy to run away when I was in the dealership

It took 3 visits and going to the Garage manager (over the salesmans head) and I got it sorted - But I dont reckon I'll be on the salesmans christmas card list

Thanks for the advice, its been over 2 years now so to go to the dealership is the last option really. I only wish I could say what garage it was so no-one else gets treated this way.
many thanks

I had a somewhat similar experience some years ago; I hounded the repairs manager and dealer principal with telephone calls, emails, faxes, letters and visits in person before the matter was resolved to my satisfaction.