Garage Conversion Limerick

pammiedd

Hi

I am considering a garage conversion, firstly:
Will I need planning permission?
Can anyone recommend any good builders etc in the Limerick region?
I am hoping to convert to utility and bedroom with ensuite any idea of what it will cost?
Thanking ye all in advance

pammiedd said:
Hi

I am considering a garage conversion, firstly:
Will I need planning permission?
Can anyone recommend any good builders etc in the Limerick region?
I am hoping to convert to utility and bedroom with ensuite any idea of what it will cost?
Thanking ye all in advance

I would recommend my Father but he is up the walls busy at present for the next few months but I can ask him to recommend somebody good.
The details for the planning permission are below.
Good Luck ;)

Generally, you will not need planning permission for:
  • Converting a garage attached to the rear or side of the house to domestic use so long as it has a floor area of less than 40 square metres. Building a garage at the back or side of a house so long as it does not extend out in front of the building line of the house and does not exceed 4 metres in height (if it has a tiled/slated pitched roof) or 3 metres (if it has any other roof type). This building will be exempt from planning permission once the floor area is limited to 25 square metres. Garages or sheds to the side of the house must match the finish of the house and may not be lived in, used for commercial purposes or for keeping pigs, poultry, pigeons, ponies or horses.

Back