gambling & applying for a mortgage

pAnTs

Hi we are applying for a mortgage but my partner has evidence of online gambling on his account. I read that this puts the bank off...understandably. If he opens another bank account and moves all his salary and daily banking to this new account can the bank we are applying for the mortgage from see his old account? we were thinking to wait for at least 6 months and have no transaction from this new account into the old account. Can the bank check to see how many bank accounts you have in the different institutions? he in no way has a problem so I'm not worried about him gambling, I am worried about us not getting mortgage approval though...any tips or advice?

Why doesn't he just stop gambling and wait six months until there are no such transactions on the statements?

Why doesn't he just stop gambling and wait six months until there are no such transactions on the statements?

ye that's the other option I suppose and we're thinking that too but failing that is opening up the other account a solution?

This has been asked loads of times before. Just google it: https://www.google.ie/webhp?sourcei...=2&ie=UTF-8#q=askaboutmoney+gambling+mortgage.

If you want a mortgage, surely the gambling is a secondary issue?!

However, if he wants to continue gambling its very easy - just do it in the shop rather than online. Alternatively, transfer two grand (or whatever bank roll is needed for gambling in six months) into a paypal account today and use that for gambling for the next six months. In that way, the six months from today onwards will show no gambling transactions, as you've done it in one go, before the six months period.