Galway - things to do with kids over Easter

fobs

We will be going to Galway for 2 nights on Sat/Sun wih our 20month old and 4 year old kids. Looking for any interesting things on for kids over the weekend. Planning to go to Salthill if the weather is nice but anywhere else? Feel the kids will be too young for funderland so any other ideas?

If you like forest walks and the weather is good try Coole Park in Gort (Galway side of Gort). Very nice walks around the lake and in the old kitchen garden - reasonably ok for a buggy. There used to be a nice coffee shop there too - don't know if it's still open.

If it's raining you couild try leisure world near the galway shopping centre on headford rd. Indoor soft play area - bowling if you can stand the screaming kids. Never been myself - their website is pretty useless - no details about galway at all - but they are open I saw an ad today in a free weekly paper.
Also you might try turoe pet farm near loughrea - they have special activities for easter on Sat and Sun
I quote "
Cuddle and feed the animals, visit the pets corner, and follow the nature trail. Indoor play areas include Ireland's first "Inflatable City", a ball pond, adventureland, bouncing castles and games room. Outdoor amenities include a football pitch and playgrounds with swings, slide, and a tree house. Other Facilities: resteraunt, picnic areas and BBQ on request. For bookings contact Patrick or Mary Corcoran on 091 841580."

Again - not been myself but just saw the ads today in a free paper for Galway. Might give them both a try this weekend myself.

Just came back myself with two kids, there's a fantastic aquarium in Salthill - it's the National Aquarium, the 4 yr.old will love it, and right beside the aquarium is a brand new playground, the day we went it was quite packed but you might be lucky.

Back