Galway restaurant

quinno

Me and Mrs Quinno heading to Galway for the wedding anniversary - looking for a nice restaurant (along the lines of Mermaid / Eden in Dublin, if anyone is familiar with these). Preference is for nice sea food - will stretch the budget, but nothing that's going to bankrupt me:eek: .

Vina Mara is a lovely restaurant and in a nice location. I have been here myself on several occasions when visiting Galway and have always been impressed...
[broken link removed]

Not actually a seafood restaurant but what about this [broken link removed] I can personally recommend it.

O'Gradys on the Pier in Barna is supposed to be well worth the trip out of Galway if its fish you're after. The owners have a restaurant in Galway, Kirwan's Lane - nice atmos, staff were excellent when I brough the gf there and the food is lovely.

Can heartily second Oscar's for something a bit different both in ambience and gatronomically. Cooke's also provided the excellent second leg of our Galway trip. Both represent brilliant great value expecially compared to Dublin.
Enjoy.

irish sea food dont get better than macdonaghs down quay st beside jurys. not posh but best sea food in the western world.

posh one and well known for good sea food is o gradys on barna pier. very nice here, looks over pier, great service and good sea food.

Thanks for all the recommendations - went with Oscar's in the end. A good recommendation. :D

Back