Galway man offering house for anything over a euro

I presume this is another of these house raffles. There was one going on down in Wexford and one in Waterford. The one in Waterford had an original closing date of last February which was extended to August and which is now extended to next February. Obviously enough tickets have not been sold.

He's being trying to sell it for a few years from what I've read and he just wants to get it off his hands. No raffle type sale, he just says he'll listen to offers above a €!

It's not a raffle, it's a publicity stunt to get his house in the paper, fair play to him. He will consider any offer over €1. That doesn't mean he will take the offer and in the meantime free national newspaper advertising!

Just heard him being interviewed on rte news while ago. He said it would cost 25,000 euro to finish the house to the standard he would like. Yes he's getting plenty publicity certainly.

Just like an E-bay auction. Bought a laptop there recently. Company refurbishes them and puts them on at £1. (They generally top out at £200). It's a great attraction - supply and demand - and will show the real value of the house in today's market. Smart marketing - fair dues!

Yes he's getting plenty publicity certainly.

Today FM News gave his phone number out twice; once before they played his audio and once after. The audio was taken from his interview on D'Arcy's show. So he is getting stauration coverage.

I always thought the news was supposed to be informative and not a marketing excercise. By all means, tell the story but I consider advertising his number to be OTT.

It obviously is just a publicity stunt. He is probably getting inundated with calls from people offering him 1 euro and 1 cent

If he has been trying to sell the house for a number of years and it hasnt shifted then clearly he has not lowered the price enough to sell it.