Galway horsesriding

bantragh

Tonabrockey riding centre looks very nice - are these the same people that used to run Rusheen riding School ( which has moved) would anyone be able to tell me please. I would really like to know this before I book a ride. Many thanks

Not the same -- Tonabrockey is owned by the Feeney family. Rusheen riding school has moved to somewhere out the Headford road. Also check out Rockmount in Claregalway.

tonabrokey - maybe I got them on a bad day but would not recommend it at all.

thanks all for the info all. Clairio - I am interested to know your experience - I wasnt crazy about rusheen riding - then again it may also have been a bad day - perhaps we can compare within that context of 'bad day' of course to be fair

sorry for delayed reply. bad experience - about 15 kids running around from about 12yrs down to 4yrs, in the pouring rain, they half got our gear ready while they ran around. Very unfriendly man half took-over, he was VERY rough with the horses and didnt ask experience or try to match horse to person/experience. A 12yr old led the trek which was about a mile (in pouring rain but I know they couldn't help that) which passed two dumps, then we just turned around in middle of road and went back. poor horses looked wrecked and not well looked-after at all. Felt so sorry for the horses, their coats looked very poor. we went back to 'stables' and he took 50euro off 4 of us, such a waste of money we should've complained but of course didnt. never again!!
In short horses didnt look well looked after, no-one was friendly and there was no proper trek/ route. The complete opposite to website description.