Galway horsesriding

bantragh

:confused: Tonabrockey riding centre looks very nice - are these the same people that used to run Rusheen riding School ( which has moved) would anyone be able to tell me please. I would really like to know this before I book a ride. Many thanks

Not the same -- Tonabrockey is owned by the Feeney family. Rusheen riding school has moved to somewhere out the Headford road. Also check out Rockmount in Claregalway.

thanks all for the info all. Clairio - I am interested to know your experience - I wasnt crazy about rusheen riding - then again it may also have been a bad day - perhaps we can compare within that context of 'bad day' of course to be fair

sorry for delayed reply. bad experience - about 15 kids running around from about 12yrs down to 4yrs, in the pouring rain, they half got our gear ready while they ran around. Very unfriendly man half took-over, he was VERY rough with the horses and didnt ask experience or try to match horse to person/experience. A 12yr old led the trek which was about a mile (in pouring rain but I know they couldn't help that) which passed two dumps, then we just turned around in middle of road and went back. poor horses looked wrecked and not well looked-after at all. Felt so sorry for the horses, their coats looked very poor. we went back to 'stables' and he took 50euro off 4 of us, such a waste of money we should've complained but of course didnt. never again!!
In short horses didnt look well looked after, no-one was friendly and there was no proper trek/ route. The complete opposite to website description.

Back