Galtymore Close, Drimnagh, Dublin 12

Delphi

Hi,

Looking at houses in Drimnagh and I am looking at Galtymore Close at the moment. Can anyone tell me anything about Galtymore Close please. (Its a culdesac) Is it a nice road to live on (for a single gal living on her own)?

Safe to walk around at night? any problems i should know about?

Any information would be very much appreciated.

Thanks

I live close by too, most cul de sacs in Drimnagh are quiet. I've been living here for 5 years and have always felt safe.

My parents lived there for nearly 50 years - houses have much improved during that period - they were what was called 'Utility Houses' built in the early fifties. The walls are solid concrete! I'd recommend living there for anyone - single, family etc. Great public transport - the 123 City Imp seems to run every 15 or 20 minutes to the city centre - very little parking however, you need to check out whether the house you're looking at has a driveway or if one can be built - most of the families have been living there a long time - it's a safe enough area (nowhere is really totally safe any more but I wouldn't hesitate to walk there at night time - neighbours look out for each other). Good luck with your purchase and with living there if all goes well. Would be really interested in knowing what kind of price you're paying - my parents house will be on the market next year.

Thanks Eithneangela,

Thats a great help. If I go ahead with the house I will send you a PM to let you know what I paid for the house. :)

In relation to Galtymore Close, the 123 wonderbus is about 30 seconds away from any part of the Close, whereas the lovely Luas is a bit of a step at approx 10 mins. Spoiled for choice in terms of transport. Great location.

Back