Gaa Time on Sky Box

pennypincher

I've notcied recently when watching Gaa matches on Sky via RTE1/2 I can't see the first 2 digits of the time,I only see the seconds ticking away.I have SKY in two rooms on two different TV's but it's still the same.I've played around with the TV settings but I still can't see it....is this an issue with SKY?

pennypincher said:
I've notcied recently when watching Gaa matches on Sky via RTE1/2 I can't see the first 2 digits of the time,I only see the seconds ticking away.I have SKY in two rooms on two different TV's but it's still the same.I've played around with the TV settings but I still can't see it....is this an issue with SKY?

Could be an auto format function of the TV - is it a widescreen TV? Widescreen TVs normally have an Auto or Smart Zoom option which attempts to upsize a 4:3 (normal telly size) picture into 16:9, by zooming the outside of the picture more than the middle bit. You also lose a bit of the edge of the picture so can frequently lose text that is close to the borders. on a widescreen TV.

I also used to have this problem with NTL Digital - no matter what I set the box to (4:3 or 16:9) I would lose text that is close to the bottom of the screen e.g. some subtitles or small print on ads.

It is worth checking what TV type your output is set to and what your TV is set to also.

No it's not a widescreen TV and no matter what I set it to 16:9 or 4:3,IT doesn't become visable.Quite annoying really...maybe I'll get onto SKY....

Same thing happens to me on the 4:3 box. Is it universal on the 4:3? Don't have the problem on the 16:9. You're right it is annoying especially when you come in half way through a match.

Back