GAA Pub New York

cch

Hi,
Im heading to New York for a few days at the end of October, was just wondering if anyone knew any pubs in Manhattan that would be showing the International Rules on the Saturday night the 28th? Thanks

Not sure about Manhattan, but there's plenty of Pubs in Yonkers that would be showing that. It might be a problem if there's a NFL game on TV too at the same time. Perhaps an Aussie bar (if there is such a thing in Manhattan) might show it?

Check out this link, plenty to choose from.

[broken link removed]

My first cousin works in the 'Irish Bar' in Manhattan - they show all the Gaelic games:

Yonkers is excellent for the craic also - JP Clarkes is a great spot!

Hi Miles,
Thanks for your reply I was just wondering which Irish bar in manhattan your cousin is working, because i emailed a few from that websibe and they are not showing it! Thanks

I am sure Jimmy K's is showing it in Yonkers. Ah the memories.....

There's a sports bar right on Times Square called Tonic.
An Irish guy runs the place - they might have it.
You can try emailing them from this link.
Its a crackin' pub, good atmosphere, after work local crowd week nights. Great bar food too.

The GAA office in Croke Park should be able to tell you who has the rights to broadcast the game to NY. It may be Setanta Sports. They should have a list of the public venues licensed to have this game on TV.

To answer your question CCH, see details below. Afraid I dont have an email address though.

The Irish Pub
839 Seventh Ave. (between 53rd & 54th St.) (212) 664-9364

Just a thought but at the end of October, the Ulster hurling final will be held in Boston...defo worth the trip up...New York up for their first title ever!

Back