GAA Players Assoc, GPA: "We want money from the state coz we cant do nixers"

The GAA don't pay players and is therefore a cash cow, able to build fantastic stadia due to lower financial committments than other sporting organisations. These stadiums lay idle most of the year.
League of Ireland Clubs pay there players a salary and get nothing like the attendances of GAA matches.
The GAA are professional in a revenue gathering capacity. Why not pay the players? Why is everyone skirting around the issue and calling it grants/expenses.
Just pay them and move on. If they receive money for putting on games, then they should pay the players for being the focal point of those games.

The GAA are professional in a revenue gathering capacity. Why not pay the players?

CORK CITY FC: Spreading joy since 1984

I think many GAA members fear that the GAA will end up like the League of Ireland if it abandons its amateur ethos and ends its policy of reinvesting its income in coaching and facilities development including stadiums. At this stage, its interesting to hear calls from the League of Ireland fraternity for the GAA to do so. One would have to wonder if they are making these calls for the good of the GAA or in an attempt to drag the GAA down to the LOI level.

I support Cork City and I support the Cork Gaelic Football teams and the Cork Hurling Teams and I make no apologies for that.
I go to games in Turners Cross, Dalymount Park, Semple Stadium, Parc Ui Chaoimh and Croke Park.
I would be the first to admit that the FAI are incompetant and have ruined the game in Ireland. Soccer teams in Ireland were professional in the 50s and 60s and received huge attendances but the FAI/LOI authorities squandered opertunities to grow and develope the game, hence we export our best players.
But there is no reason why I can't voice an opinion on GAA matters because I support LOI soccer (the ban is gone remember). Being from Cork, I have probably been to Croke Park more times than you Mr Ubiquitous.
The GAA are professional in revenue so I am of the opinion that it should be professional in payment. That has nothing to do with the fact that I support a lot of different sporting codes and it is churlish of you to suggest so.

Fair enough. However given that you cited "CORK CITY FC: Spreading joy since 1984" in your signature, what else could I conclude?

Fair enough. However given that you cited "CORK CITY FC: Spreading joy since 1984" in your signature, what else could I conclude?

I put that signature in to try and upset the Liverpool, Man Utd, Spurs and Arsenal supporting forum members.
Not the GAA supporting members!!