FYI: 'The Irish Times' free online at irishtimes.com from Monday

I read the article on Saturdays IT.

I found it very badly drafted and confusing!

Is there a summary of the key points to be had anywhere?

It read like an internal memo (full of management speak) and was definitely not written with customers/potential customers in mind.

If they prefer, they can join the new Irish Times Crossword Club - to be introduced on Monday - and access our digital archive dating back to the foundation of the newspaper in 1859, for the same period

So if I want to access the (excellent) digital archive I have to join a "Crossword" Club? weird...

Irish Times Online goes Free

I see the Irish Times on-line edition is Free access from today ...

[broken link removed]

Typical of the Irish Times, they make a bad decision (i.e. charging fees for subscriptions for online access to their paper), it rebounds badly on them (over 90% of existing "free" subscribers opt not to pay) and it still takes them the guts of a decade to reverse it :(

Re: Irish Times Online goes Free

with the exception of the crosswords for which you have to join their crossword club

unless you already have a subscription to ireland.com in which case you are already a member...

This is good to see and a welcome move.

unless you already have a subscription to ireland.com in which case you are already a member...

Existing IT subscribers can get a refund of their remaining sub if they want to ...

Those people who have subscribed to The Irish Times on www.ireland.com will be offered a full refund for the remainder of their subscription period.

Back