Futuroscope, France

Sim Two

Anybody been to Futuroscope theme park nears Poitiers in France?

Thinking of going there next month while in France on holidays and would be grateful for any views on whether it is worth going to?

Sim

It’s a theme park of cinemas built to what the French would have considered futuristic architecture when they were constructed 15 – 20 years ago. Basically there is an IMAX and cinemas that show 3-D effect films in which you wear goggles to get the 3-D effect (some of which are excellent) and sometimes the seats move around in motion with the action on the screen. If you’re into this sort of stuff it’s probably as good as you’ll get. I quite enjoyed it on wet winter’s day when there were very few people around, but I don’t know if any of the attractions would be worth a long queue. You can usually get a deal on accommodation in the Ibis hotel that is next to the park.

If staying within 2 hours drive of Puy du Fou - then it's a must see.

we went to both parks and I would strongly advise to go to both.
completly different parks but well worth a visit. you cant see all the shows in puy du foy in one day. if you are going to Futuroscope when the french are on holidays you can do all in one day if they are not expect long q's.

Back