furniture stores

Status
Not open for further replies.

sob

Looking at getting leather suite, looking for a corner unit and a 2/3 seater, have travelled around the usual suspects, reids, LOL, clearys, Aramount, Karls, Jim Langons, and was wondering are there any other furniture shops that I am missing. Not looking to spend excessive somewhere in teh region of 2500-3000 for the corner & either a 2/3 seater brown leather Grade15 suites.

Also heard that there are furniture wharehouses in Navan, any truth in this, and if so can you provide details as we would like to go there this weekend. Any experiences of them in terms of price/quality, I know all furniture shops have problems with delivery times, but am willin gto wait 12 weks for delivery.

Any recommendations/suggestions details of the furniture shops in Navan would be appreciated.

There's probably about 8 or so furniture ware houses in Navan, including Fitzpatricks, Sherlocks and Classic - they all have a pretty good selection so I'd say well worth the trip. When you come into Navan pass under the railway bridge and take the left at the lights, go straight up to the round about at the top of that road and take a left. Drive out that road (Trim road) and pass over railway tracks, take a right turn the Beechmount Garden Centre (on your right hand side), Beechmount furniture warehouses are on your left down this road. From what I remember most of them had the furniture in stock - delivery time usually about two weeks.

I would recommend Arnotts for your suite. We got ours there (not leather though) and it was a lot better value than we expected and the service is great. Arrived a bit earlier than they said it would I think and they held on to it for a few weeks for us free of charge. Diamond Living on the Long Mile Road is also good for leather suites.

DFS, boucher road, belfast is worth as look. they will deliver for around €100.

any corner units ( not leather) in limerick/cork at the moment? we saw one in harvey normans but we are still looking around

Based on a recent and very negative experience with Reid Furniture, would recommend you don't go near them if you consider waiting time in excess of four months a problem and also if you are keen to have any decent level of customer care post purchase...they don't want to know! Diabolical!

Have you considered Marks and Spencer? They are currently having a fabric promotion, however bank holiday weekends they usually have some other promotions on as well.

Give the store a ring or pop in and they maybe able to give you the heads up on upcoming sale events or even ask to be put in the diary. This will probably work elsewhere as well. After all a sale is a sale.

As Anna has dragged up a year old thread here, I'm guessing the OP has found what they're looking for at this stage.
Leo

Status
Not open for further replies.