Furniture newry

raulDublin

Can someone please reccomend furniture shops in newry.I'm a first time buyer and we would be heading towards there in the coming days to look at sofas and beds..
Raul

If you're thinking that Newry will be cheaper than down south because of the currency, you're likely to be disappointed. Nobody from Cavan is galloping to Enniskillen for example right now for bargains on bigger ticket items as there isn't really much difference in prices. In my own experience country town furniture shops tend to beat city ones on price and service.

Strange.. I've just asked for a recommendation .ignore it if you dont :)

Another poster suggested Newry may not be the cheapest place to go depending on what you were looking for, another asking to refine exactly what you're looking for in order to better advise, and you replied suggesting you have already seen a few things that you can't find elsewhere. As you were so quick to dismiss their suggestion, it sounds like you have already found what you're looking for. Posters have taken time to try help you, why are you ignoring their suggestions?

I did some checking before Christmas and found prices in south were generally a good bit cheaper that the North even with currency at €1.10 at the time. Currency is now at €1.20 (inc exchange rate commission), so I can't see where any value will be had. Also most of the furniture places are just branches of UK chains that are way way way overprice junk in general.

One of the few independent places with good selection is Dalzells in Markethill - but Homeline furniture , online but based in Clonmel came in a good bit cheaper for identical products.

Support your own country. Then again support someone else's if you want, it might lengthen the a/e queues.

Back