furniture in limerick area?

shoppergal

can anyone recommend a decent furniture shop in limerick(in particular for sofas, bed and kitchen table).

I've read bad reports about reid and land of leather, can't afford caseys and not really impressed by anything i saw in arramount. i'm sure there's plenty i'm missing so if anyone has any recommendations i'd appreciate it.

thanks

Did you try Dromkeen Furniture? I went in there last week and the prices were very reasonable compared to the places in town.

Have furnished 2 houses recently in limerick, Tried Dromkeen, but very dissapointed, Afraid you must shop around. Intore have nice bits,Reid do great deals if your timing is good. 4home some good stuff,I had time to compare and it worked well, All good quality stuff, Remember,"fools rush in" Good Luck Enjoy the chase.

Instore for bedroom furniture unless your taste is a bit on the quaint side.
Not sure if the new store out near B+Q has opened.

I would have agreed with you on Caseys until I actually started to shop for real. I wanted a specific colour leather suite. Land of Leather pricing looked impressive until one realised all the specials were for the colours on display, and to get my colour was so-much per seat. Caseys happened to have had a sale on and I got a much better suite for less than Land of Leather, and got a great deal on a recliner on my way out the door also.

If you don't mind a half-hour spin, Quality Suites in Charleville have been having a closing down sale for the last month, and Crown Furniture have a mix of quaint and not-so-bad stuff.

Then there's Conroy's in Cashelisland (sorry, Castleisland) and that place in the middle of Clare that everyone seems to have visited, but no-one can remember how to get there.

That place in the middle of Clare is called Brodericks (Killanenagh - spelling??) and to get there you need to take the road from Ennis to Galway and take a right turn at the sign for Scarrif ... that turnoff about 8-10 miles outside Ennis

Brodericks are good. They also have a store in Kilrush, beside industrial estate on Cooraclare Rd, which is convenient if you're on your way to Kilkee (the one near Kerry Co-Op in Listowel has shut).

Found Lotts in Tralee quite good. Do a good range in pine beds & wardrobes which, while maybe not signature pieces, are good hardy and reasonable price furniture. Also has good oak display cabinets. On the road in from Listowel & also on the Blennerville/Dingle rd out of Tralee.

Found land of leather grand for sofas.

For the upper end stuff, but maybe more reasonable than Caseys there's Browsers at the top of William St (near fire station & Horse & Hound) and also Birdhill. Some flashy Italian leather place in Eastway & also another place in blackberry bus park on dock rd (beside Coopers off -licence).

wow thanks everyone. it looks like there's plenty of selection if you just look outside the city a little. am spoiled for choice now, some-one in work today was talking about brodericks so might try there first.

thanks again

Definitely Instore for quality and prices - fantastic furniture. Check out their website www.instore.ie doesn't do the stores justice but it will give you an idea of their style.
I've furnished my whole house with in-store. Their new shop has opened beside B&Q and their original shop is down by the granary just off Ellen Street.

Highly recommend the stuff.

kitten, how did you find instore's prices. haven't been in there in years but had it in my head that they were very dear.

We shopped for ages for a nice 6-footer bed and stumbled into Instore in Galway and found the nicest and cheapest one we had seen. Bought in Instore in Limerick. There was no compromise in Quality.

I think it was their Shintu range. So for me, it is the combination of value and style that makes them stand above the others for bedroom furniture.

thanks nt00deep

actually went to instore in limerick(by b + q) and was really really impresesed. could easily furnish the whole house from there and within budget as well. OH wasn' with me tho so am gonna drag him out next week and start buying!!!

Back