Furniture in Argos

shkyler

Just wondering if anyone has had experience of buying sofa's from Argos. What is the quality like and are they good on delivery dates?
Thanks!

Hi,

There have been a few threads on Argos furniture including this one. If you run a search you will find others also hopefully some relating to sofas.

We bought all of our sofas from argos.
The main point is they have a 21 day no quibble return policy
as you cant see the sofa before you buy so you can send it
back if it is not what you thought it would be.
We got a 3 seater and 2 2 seaters in chocolate brown fabric
for the sitting room and a 2 seater for the sun room.
The 3 seater came with 2 legs missing , the srews had broken
off attaching the legs in transit.argos sent us out 2 new legs
with screws and i screwed them in myself to save alot of hassle ,
(they offered to take the couch back and do the repair)
but i did the job myself , much handier.
The only thing is if the back is not fixed, ie made up of cushions
they can become unfixed making it a little bit uncomfortable.
We never had any problems with any couch, 1.5 years since.
Also i bought 2 couches for my first house 6 years ago
never any problems.
The price of Argos's couches are very reasonable compared to buying in
a furniture store.
Also you can get fabric swabs of the couch you like posted to you before you decide.

Thanks finbar,
Yeah ordered the fabric swatches and have all of them just want to make sure it will last and thats good news if I dont like it!
Thanks for your help

My parents and some friends have both bought sofas from Argos. No problem with the quality...Be careful though with the measurements. I know it sounds really obvious but furniture from there can be smaller or larger looking than it appears in their photos...So take note of the measurements and 'draw' them out on your floor space so you can be sure the size is appropriate!

I've bought small sofas, beds and a kitchen table fropm argos over the past few years. They were the cheap and cheerful type and given that the quality is fine I'd expect their more expensive pieces to be just as good. Personally, once I'm spending a bit more on something I prefer to be able to see it up close before I buy.

Thanks for all your experiences didnt get anything too expensive and Im sure you get what you pay for. Thanks going to pick one now!

Back