Furniture for new apartment

tolkarovers

Hi,
I have recently bought a new apartment and am looking for some advice on where to get some items of furniture.

I need to get:
a bed (looking for a king koil 6' - unless anyone knows of better beds)
a leather suite
dining room table and chairs

Any advice greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Tolka

We used Land of Leather in Newry last year for leather suite and no complaints so far. Even with high delivery charge (I think it was £100 to south), it worked out better value than places locally. Land of Leather have opened stores in the south since then, but I don't have experience of them.

I found Land of Leather a bad place for furniture...They are not cheap for the quality you are getting and there is no movement on price...Many smaller family run furniture shops are very competitive and if buying a few things you will usually get a few quid off and free delivery..I cannot speak more highly of Kennedy's furniture outside Birr Co Offaly or Delaney's in Ballinasloe...

I shopped around in our area and found their prices hard to beat. I suppose prices vary round the country quite a bit. We've been using suite daily for over a year now and no problems so far (fingers crossed I haven't jinxed it now;) ).

Anyway tolkarovers, be careful that whatever you buy furniture-wise will fit up stairwells and in doors of your apartment. A friend had to get a window temporarily removed to fit her new suite into the living room... a costly mistake to make!!

Hi Tolkarovers,
Take my advice and take a trip up north, try harveys in Newry, great selection, low prices there's is a delivery charge of £100 but if you have a pal with a van (as I do) then use the collection option. The important thing to remember is take your time and haggle hard, I find the northies are much better to deal with than there free state brothers..also these guys tend to give a decent exchange rate on £/€ .
Happy shopping!

Back