Furniture Auctions

levelpar

Hi ,Want to sell diningroom suite (table,chairs and cabinet) before we move house. Anyone know of any furniture auction rooms where we might place for sale.

Not sure where you are located but there is a weekly auction in the auction house in Glasthule near Dun Laoighaire (sp!).

Sorry do not know the name of the auctioneers though.

weekly auction in the auction house in Glasthule near Dun Laoighaire

Sounds like Buckley's of Glasthule - they'd probably be interested - give them a call. I presume they're in the phone book.

If they are old a furniture auction may be the way to go but you might be as well off to advertise them in Buy & Sell or your local paper if they are relatively new.

Hi, Thanks all. I think Herman White dont have reserves and as our d/r suite is Rossmore mahogony valued in the hundreds we dont want to sell without a reserve. Shall check out Glasthule and buckleys. Again, many thanks

Sherman said:
Sounds like Buckley's of Glasthule - they'd probably be interested - give them a call. I presume they're in the phone book.

That sounds like them - had a mental block for the name earlier!!

Have been to a few of their viewings in the past and they have all types of furniture as well as other household items - from items of high value as well as low so well worth checking out!