Fungal nail infection in child

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fubar

Can anybody please recommend a remedy for a fungal nail infection in my childs toe-nails? I have been to a chiropodist after several months of home remedies and filing, but all to no avail. She has informed me that the infection has spread to 2 other toes but any lotion that she recommended is not suitable for him(only age 11)Has anyone successfully used any over the counter bottles that they could recommend. another trip to doctor will cost another €50.
From a very frustrated mother!!

I had a very bad big toe nail infection, for ages without kopping it till it became quite ugly, but after doing a bit of research I used 100% tea tree oil undiluted on it on a daily basis, and when ever I got the chance went round the house with no socks on to prevent reinfection.

Its important to trea all toes as it can spread.

I also washed my feet in a basin of water with a few drops of tea tree oil added as infection was on my skin as well.

Changing socks everyday is very important also.

It took ages doing this and scraping out the old dead fungus from under the nail as it grows but it's worked a treat for me, you wouldn't know my big toe nail now.

Hopefully your sons problem is nowhere as bad as mine was.

The smell of this oil while not repulsive is quote strong.

Hope this helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.