Fund displayed wrong price

xpot4

hi
i was wondering did anyone else have a problem withe the henderson funds with rabodirect last week and what did ye do about it?

basically the fund displayed wrong price fund showed $ (conversion rate ) price instead of the € price eg. €11.13 instead of €8.16 . i sold some of my share's thinking i was in profit getting the €11.13 price but it was a technical problem and the price i sold for was €8.16 and i was at a loss. any advice on what i should do would be helpfull

I am not involved not have anything to add but something like this should not happen and you are now at a loss and have sold something you would not have sold.

I would be pushing that they buy back the shares on your behalf and that they suffer any loss.

Also, think a letter of the situation should go to IFSRA as mistakes like this should not be made and I cannot help but wonder if it might have been an "accidental" mistake.

cheers jack
they said they would return the share's as if no sale had happened but i went on today and i was in profit but i am still in a loss as i've being buying into the fund for a few years and my price i have now is €8.16 where as before last week i had and average price of €9.50. i should push that they suffer the loss as this should not happen

would like to know if others where affected by this

The price can fluctuate, so if you are not in a hurry, just wait till it goes up. With current stock markets rally it is very likely.
Don't forget that the price they use to sell the fund is not the one you see but the one of the next working day (or even two days away, not quite sure here).

I remember when I changed my SSIA from equitys into a cash fund with Irish Life. They had an aertell page displaying 'todays' prices and I made a decision based on this. It turned out these prices were a day and half old. I got RTE to email me the page frame and made an appeal to Irish Life, as the page was misleading. The agreed with me, apologised, and gave me the difference in price. (Simple Version)
I suggest you put your case together and put it to them in the same way.