Function rooms for 40th birthday from Bray to City Centre

T

tracey40

Hi I am having a 40th Birthday for about 50 people and am looking for somewhere to hold it. Ideally I would like to bring my own food in and would like a dance floor. Any Ideas would be very welcome as I am not doing very well alone.

Thanks

Hi I am having a 40th Birthday for about 50 people and am looking for somewhere to hold it. Ideally I would like to bring my own food in and would like a dance floor. Any Ideas would be very welcome as I am not doing very well alone.

Thanks

Whaaaaat? Are you only 40 ? :D:D Seriously though CCOVICH's suggestion is a good one particularly when you want to do your own food. Down in the sticks in Wexford where I am the local clubs, particularly the local rugby club, is regularly used for twenty firsts, fortieths etc.

Hi Tracey

I went to a 40th a few years ago in the Gingerman in Fenian Street - you could hire out the upstairs. Food was provided by the pub though so don't know whether they'd allow you to BYO. Still, it was a good venue I thought.

HTH

M

I had my 30th in the Cornerstone on Wexford. Had about 60 people. Absolutely brilliant. Everyone was raving it afterwards.

I had my 30th in Dublin's smallest pub The Dawson Lounge because i dont have any friends. It was just me, the barman and a few strangers.

Great night though

Word of warning... You cannot bring your own food.

If it was the summer time I would suggest the Glencree Reconciliation Centre for something unique (however, I think they have central heating for winter time). You can bring your own food and, I think, your own booze. Also, there is on site accommodation at very reasonable rates. With the function room decorated to your own theme, you could have a very 'novel' event! Enjoy wherever you decide.

Just a tip - most pubs & hotels will NOT allow you to bring in your own food because of HACCP & food safety regs. GAA or sports clubs would seem to be be the best option

I had my 30th in the Cornerstone on Wexford. Had about 60 people. Absolutely brilliant. Everyone was raving it afterwards.

Hi

can I ask a couple of questions

was it a private function room of was part of the pub just reserved?
was there room for dancing and did you have a dj?
what was the cost of the function room?
was it on a weekend night?

Thanks so much for your help

Hi,

My husband is 40 on June bank holiday . I was thinking of hiring a couple of cottages in Leitrrim or around there which maybe could be near a pub so we could have bbq and then pub etc. Just looking for friends and family gathering. I am struggling to find places with weekend lets for that bank holiday weekend and was wondeirng if anyone knew of any - have tried the ones on the web and all seem to be full or very expensive!

Back