Fully Shrouded Toilet.

Tintagel

We are getting a new bathroom installed. Our installer has suggested a fully shrouded toilet to replace our existing 30 year old toilet with cistern above.

Is there anything more disgusting looking than a Fully Shrouded Toilet.

Anyone have one of these?

Gosh I think they a lot better than the other old type especially if you are faced with a side view of the toilet as you enter the room, that said though they seldom line up with the pipe if it's going down through the floor, fine if it's out the wall. I have just recently replaced an older one and both have had a gap at the back between back of toilet and wall which is a nuisance then to box in. I left this one freestanding as the gap is smaller and not worth the bother but it kind of defeats the purpose of the neatness of them, still better to look at though imo

Are the cisterns taller than the traditional cistern?

Our toilet is beneath a window sill and the existing cistern has about 1" of space beneath the overhang of the window sill.

Much cleaner.
Make sure you get a soft close lid as well, treat yoself!

Attachments

• 20241022_160022.jpg
    20241022_160022.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 97
I imagine that depends on the particular one, the cisterns are a lot smaller than old style, as I have a tape handy I have measured my new one and to top of cistern it's 80cm high, this new one is definitely a little taller narrower cistern than old one but it's not under window so didn't matter.

Much cleaner.
Make sure you get a soft close lid as well, treat yoself!
Yeh see mine never went back flush with wall like that pic as the pipe was down through floor and out too far. Soft close lids are great but I think you either have them all or none in a house cause it's very hard not to just drop the other ones then forgetting it's not soft close!

Never liked them - not because of aesthetics but because of the hassle if/when any DIY maintenance is needed!
Yes they are complicated under the cistern lid.
Flush valve instead of siphon. Bottom fed filler valve.
I had a slow filling problem and needed to watch a YouTube video to figure out how to fix it. It just needed a small rather complicated looking diaphragm to fix the problem.
6.95 euro from Screwfix and about 10 minutes work.

Yeh see mine never went back flush with wall like that pic as the pipe was down through floor and out too far. Soft close lids are great but I think you either have them all or none in a house cause it's very hard not to just drop the other ones then forgetting it's not soft close!
Yes we have them in all of the bathrooms in the house, far from them I was rared according to my mother!!

Back