Full Planning Permission - Extend?

Thinfield

I have around 18 months to run on a grant of full planning permission. For a variety of reasons I am not certain whether to proceed. What is the likelihood of the FPP being extended for an additional period? Location Kerry.

I've heard that KCC planning have time on their hands .... so if you go for an extension they may go through the application with a fine tooth comb.

A friend of mine went for renovation/extension application .... they went through every minute detail.

Thanks - In other words drastic changes might be proposed? In principle, is it normal for planning permission to be extended or does the justification have to be compelling?

Firstly, you should check if a new development plan or draft development plan has come into force since you were originally granted permission. If so check if there are any changes which would affect the planning application (for instance, if the Planning Authority have since taken a strong stance against one-off housing in your area).

The new Environmental Protection Guidelines for single family dwellings have also come into force this year, and these may be applied retrospectively to your application, resulting in new percolation tests etc. being required.

Don’t be afraid to arrange a meeting with the relevant planning officer to discuss your problems. And have valid reasons for wishing to extend the permission period. Vagueness usually doesn’t play well in these situations.

New regulations allowing for extensions to permissions were brought in earlier this year.

I suggest that you read these threads on AAM - there are specific requirements to allow an extension.

http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?t=145420
AND
http://www.askaboutmoney.com/showthread.php?p=1094545

I suggest that you check the DOE website for any updates regularly.

Finally, I suggest that you talk these matters through with your local planning officer.

ONQ.

[broken link removed]

All advice on AAM is remote from the situation and cannot be relied upon as a defence or support - in and of itself - should legal action be taken.
Competent legal and building professionals should be asked to advise in Real Life with rights to inspect and issue reports on the matters at hand.

Back