fujifinepix f20

tailgunner

Great liitle camera.uses xd cards. havent used in in a while though.Are these cards obselete now and will it be possible to still get fotos printed in future in this format?Thank u

They're not obsolete.

XD cards are still readily available.

I bought a 2GB one on ebay recently.

A quick search on ebay shows one available in Ireland for €14.99 & 99c P&P .... just do a search for 'XD Card'.

A look into the future? I can't help you there .... I haven't got a crystal ball but the chances are new technology will come up with better cards/formats etc.

But you should be ok for a good few years yet.

(Just a thought ..... Get a card reader ... hook it up to your PC and you'll always be able to take your photos off the XD card even if they do go out of fashion ... cheap one on ebay for €2.87 plus 55c P&P .... search for 'XD Card Reader')

The XD cards are much less common because they're used only by Fuji and Olympus cameras, but they're by no means obsolete. They would have been the smallest and fastest in their class before the latest Micro SDHC cards came along. Now SD cards are much cheaper and more widely available because the market is dominated by cameras like Nikon and Canon which use SD cards.

Have a look in the computer accessories section of your local Tesco - many are selling various clearance lines at the moment (see this thread on Boards.ie) including 1GB XD cards for €1.99 a go. Not all branches have them, but you might be in luck.

Otherwise, as suggested, Ebay or the likes of mymemory.co.uk/dealextreme.com will see you right for a card and reader fairly cheaply.

Mind, you could also buy one of for the price of a cup of tea, and use micro SD cards instead.
[broken link removed]