Fuji not repairing camera under warranty

dmrtn

Bought a new Fujifilm XF1 about Easter, seemed like a very good camera. It worked for a while but then it developed a lens error and couldn't be used at all. I sent it back for repair and now Fuji tell me that this was caused by damage to the camera.

I don't agree with this at all. There were a few scratches on the camera (right on the corner, not near the lens) but the camera was never dropped or hit with any force that could cause a complete camera failure.

Does anyone have any idea what sort of appeals process I am entitled to? I've sent an email back asking for more info regarding the assessment details, etc., but is there any other independent method of assessment if I don't get a favourable response?

Irritating to say the least. The camera cost about €350.

Thanks for any help or advice.

I had a fujifilm finepix 6800z which cost over €500 I think. It stopped charging and I returned it for fixing outside of warranty. I was willing to pay.
I got a reply that as it was over 10 years old they did not repair and they returned it to me.
No more Fuji products for me.

Hi ,

Did you buy it directly from fuiji or from a shop? Your issue is with the place you purchased it from & you should not have to deal with the company themselves. Check the nca.ie web site for detailed information, but if the camera is under warranty & wasn't caused by mis-use you are entitled to a repair, replacement or refund.

Keep ALL dealings to date - with names, dates, times & discussion & continue to record all information.

Consumer agency are worth a call on this also...

As what Jazz01 says, contract is with the shop. Push them for resolution.

Failing that, use the Small Claims Court.