Fuerteventura

Ciadan

I'm heading to Fuerteventura in a few weeks (2 adults, no kids). We've never been before, and would love to get tips about the area - re restaurants, day trips, shopping, etc. We're staying at the Barcello Thallasso Spa Hotel in Caleta de Fuste.

The hotel you're staying in is first class. Theres loads of restaurants on the main st in Caleta. Theres a very nice spanish restaurant on a corner facing a portugese restaurant. two chinese, one italian, one mexican, one indian and am sure loads of others. and this in a resort so quiet theres hardly any traffic. theres a walkway by the shore all the way to a new shopping centre and in the opposite direction theres a walk along the cliffs all the way to nuovo horizonte. about 20 mins of glorious (if windy) walkway with the atlantic on one side and desert wasteland on the other. A bus into rosario costs 1.25 and is every half hour. Nothing much in rosario but they do have a shopping centre and mrs cu said the shops in it were quite good. Think she said zara and h&m.
a different bus ride (from rosario ) to caleta costs €2.75 and is worth a day. I hoped to go down south on my visit in may but didn't make it but going again in feby so hopefully this time. a frequent poster to this site who has an apartment out there recommended www.payless.es or www.cicar.com for car hire and thats who I will use this time but as you are staying in caleta a taxi from the airport will cost no more than €12 to your hotel. (the person who we rented the apartment from called it the main street. you'd see more traffic etc in any irish village at 4am then you will on this street at any time. I wasn't sure when we arrived if we hadn't made a mistake and just chalked it down to experience. before the week was up we decided we had to come back, we liked it that much.)Have a great holiday
www.sunnyfuerteventura.com might be worth a look

I'm heading to Fuerteventura in a few weeks (2 adults, no kids). We've never been before, and would love to get tips about the area - re restaurants, day trips, shopping, etc. We're staying at the Barcello Thallasso Spa Hotel in Caleta de Fuste.

Hi,
your hotel is in a great spot, for a restaurant with a difference try Nestors it is near Sean Og's Irish bar, do not be put off by the apparance of place (we would never have gone in except for the high praise on www.fuerteventura.com) the food is the best I have ever eaten away from home.
Another one is Fado Rock on main st. If you are walking towards chipmonk mountain all the chipmonks come out to play and feed from your hand.
It was our first trip to Caleta and have booked to go back can not imagine ever going to Gran Canaria again loved it so much.